1) How long have Bandcamp been together? nearly 3 years. playing live for 2 years.
2 ) Where does the name come from? (As if we didn't know!) Yes it is from the movie American Pie. We were nearly called FINE, but after seeing American Pie we could never go back.
3) How did you guys all meet? Glenn and I met while playing in Have A Nice Day. I met Larissa while we were both working at Allans Music.
4) What would be your 3 major musical influences? Mine personally? Well, The Police, Simon And Garfunkle, The Beatles, P.J.Harvey whoops that was 4. Oh well, better then 10.
5) What is one thing you'd like to change about the music industry? People's perceptions.
6) Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs time? Listing my musical influences in an interview.
7) What do you think makes a band stand out from all the others? Entertainment, humour, personality and passion.
8) What CD releases have you guys had out? Any in the pipe-line? and tell us about the video you've made. We made a 5 song demo in 2000, and are just putting out our second one. I could tell you about our video clip we've just made for our song "Don't Blame Me', but then I'd have to kill you. Look out for it on Rage and Fly TV. And yes, it's all one take!
9) Who is your favourite cast member from Secret Life of Us? Hmmm, I don't really watch it. probably the cute guy's little baby boy.
10) Final thoughts........(On your band, where you're headed,words of wisdom, etc....) Band Camp have been fortunate in a short time to have had relative success. By success I mostly mean opportunities to play some good gigs with some good bands, and get some good press. With the new demo out, we hope to keep all that up and open some new doors as well. I've learnt that it's important to be mindful of my reasons for being in a band and pursuing opportunities. For me it's writing songs, playing them with the bandcampers and sharing them with other people. With that in mind it helps when things don't go as planned- afterall it's pretty much mostly unplanable.