Go To Bed Jessica 1. So what’s the current line-up of Go to bed Jessica and who plays what in the band?
Cameron Singh-Vocals and Guitar, Heidi Warren-Bass and Vocals and Richard Beggs-Hitter of things with short lengths of wood.
2. Where’s the band based?
Central Coast NSW.
3. Were you all in a high school band together or did the band form elsewhere?
We formed elsewhere. Richard and I were in a band together before GTBJess but grew tired of it. We formed GTBJess with a friend of mine from High School but that didn’t work out. Then Heidi joined in mid 2000 and that is the line up we have today. We wrote some tunes and started playing shows at the end of 2000.
4. How did the band name come about?
From a drink driving commercial. The name came before the band.
5. What style of music you would guys categorise yourselves into?
6. Do you find much support from your home-town with gig venues, promotions etc?
We get a lot of help from the local paper with promotions. Some venues are really great to us like Tall Timbers, Ettalong Beach Hotel and Joe’s Garage they book us regularly. Plus the Oasis centre at Wyong is trying to get stuff happening for people who can’t get into pubs.
7. Can you tell us a bit about the Newcastle music Awards Competition the band gaining the finalist position in the Newcastle ABC Music Awards?
We are not actually finalists. We made it through the first round of finals. It is an awards event for original music in the Newcastle, Hunter and Central Coast areas. It is run by the ABC and is trying hard to get performers some recognition in all categories, from rock to classical.
8. What would be the bands’ greatest achievement to-date be?
Meeting Tim Farris when we came 2nd in the state in the 2001 National Campus Band Comp. We are big INXS fans and he is now helping us record demos and possibly a single that we will be releasing in the coming months. We spent some time at his studio and got to play with his ARIA award and look at all his platinum and gold albums. We are stoked that he knows who we are.
9. What would some of the musical influences behind Go To Bed Jessica consist of?
We all love Black Sabbath and Motley Crue, then from there we start bringing in our own influences to create what we hope to be our own sound. I like Lit and Cheap Trick, Heidi loves Pearl Jam and The Cure and Richard loves Led Zeppelin and Simply Red
10. Can you tell us a little bit about the single Inxs’ own Tim Farris is helping produce, from the forth coming album, and does the single have a release date set?
The single should be out in about 3 months (fingers crossed)
11. What 3 bands have you played with in the past?
The Screaming Jets, The John Butler Trio and Primary
12. What 3 bands would you like to play with in the future?
The Fetal Mishaps, Motley Crue and INXS
13. What was the last gig you went to?
Bonic and Saturday Rain at the Tall Timbers Ourimbah
14. – C.D you brought?
Heidi-U2-Joshua Tree Cameron-Frank Sinatra’s Greatest Hits Richard-Richard Crawford, Sings Andrew Lloyd Webber
15. All time favourite disc?
Cameron-Ozzy Osbourne, No More Tears Heidi- Led Zeppelin, House of the Holy Richard- C and C Music Factory, Technotronic
16. Where do you see yourself in 12-18 months?
Hopefully on the road.
17. Is there a website we can catch Go to bed Jessica on?
At this time www.geocities.com/gotobedjess however in a week or two there will be www.gotobedjessica.com
O.K have you got any words to sum up Go to bed Jessica?
Goes well with alcohol. Avoid excessive exposure to anything pink. Aim away from face.