| Article By Kath on Dec 11, 2002 |
4) What would be your 3 major musical influences?
Lenny Kravitz – multi- instrumentalist, great songwriter
The Beatles – melody and innovation
Jimmy Hendrixs, Phoebe Snow, and the list goes on.
5) What is one thing you'd like to change about the music industry?
I would like to have less dominance of pop and dance tracks on commercial radio and have a mix of new and interesting music. (It’s still being written but for some reason doesn’t get as much exposure).
6) Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs time?
Well my first festival performance is next March in The Ranges Folk Festival - in 5 years time I hope to have performed in many festivals, including Port Fairy, Woodford in Queensland and toured around Aust. I guess I see myself spending most of that time paying my dues, improving my songwriting and playing. I’ll still be writing songs and have a couple of quality Cd’s for sale at gigs. In 5 years time I want to be making a good living out of music.
7) What do you think makes a band stand out from all the others?
Some elements of originality like great harmonies, interesting lyrics (no trite rhymes), humor and integrity.
8) What CD releases have you had out? Any in the pipe-line?
I haven’t released any yet – but I will have one out by May 2003 (it’s a painstaking process). But I will have a song on a compilation CD by The Sound Vault coming out early 2003 which will be sent to radio stations around Oz for promotion. I have 3 song samples on my website (address underneath).
9) (Non music-related question) Buffy or Secret Life of Us?
I love the original Buffy movie with Donald Sutherland – it was very funny and clever.
10) Final thoughts........(On your band, where you're headed, words of wisdom, etc....)
Join APRA early, take a spare lead to gigs, don’t hit yourself on the head with the guitar at the same time as knocking the mike (I did this one recently).
11) Website/email details.