Cindy interview with Ward C. Ward C
| Article By Cindy James on Aug 14, 2002 |
1. So what’s the current line-up of Ward “C” and who plays what in the band?
DOCTOR APOLLO ... microphonix
MATRON X ... bass
NURSE NASTY ... keyboards
PSYCKO SURGEON ... guitars
THE FIREMAN ... drums, noises
2. How did your stage names come about?
3. Where’s the band based?
Newcastle, Australia, Planet Earth.
4. Were you all in a high school band together or did the band form elsewhere?
PROFESSOR OMEGA, the chairman of Experiment omega-5, hand-picked the individuals from the select few eligible Sanatorians available and transferred them to Planet Earth. The selection process was entirely based upon substance abuse and bribery.
5. How long ago did this all happen?
The first of the Sanatorians selected to participate in WARD “C” research arrived on Planet Earth in May 1992.
6. Ward “C” is a fairly original name… how’d it come about?
WARD “C” is that section of the Asylum where sonic copulation occurs.
7. You guys have a very commando – outta space way of speech, just by looking at your site I knew that you guys were an interesting band, can you elaborate on your context and is this an antic you guys portray?
8. Can you define the style of your tunes for us?
9. What would your greatest achievement as a band to-date be?
In a past life PROFESSOR OMEGA was a G-string belonging to Winston Churchill.
10. What would some of the musical influences behind Ward “C” consist of?
Hydrogen disulphide and other bacterial by-products of digestion.
11. Do you guys have any previous releases or future recording plans in sight?
Ten of our tunes have undergone sonic transmogrification, at least six of which have received airplay on a number of radio stations. Kieran Wicks who hosts WET CEMENT on Newcastle’s 2NUR FM 103.7 on Monday nights 9:30 – 11:00 pm has been very supportive of unsubtle innuendo, our 2nd unreleased EP. Further research has yielded some outstanding results that have come to the attention of a crack Brisbane producer, which we will present to Planet Earth at the appropriate time.
12. What 3 bands have you played with in the past?
WARD "C" have supported and been supported by the greatest acts in the universes. Literally millions of organisms were present when they played "Splendour In The Ass" on the brown rings of Uranus.
13. What 3 bands would you like to play with in the future?
Hair bands, band substances, band e-coots
14. What was the last gig you went to?
“Splendour in the Ass”, where we supported Penetration and the Consequences.
15. – C.D you brought?
The Sanatorians were quarantined prior to transfer and brought no cosmic diseases to Planet Earth.
16. All time favourite disc?
Tittus Erectus - The Disc Occupying the Summit of the Mammary Bulge.
17. Where do you see yourself in 12-18 months?
In reflective surfaces.
18. Is there a website we can catch Ward “C” on?
O.K have you got any words to sum up Ward “C”?
Even Johnny loves WARD “C” !!